The ideal candidates are normally 40 years and older, wishing to look somewhat refreshed and rejuvenated.
Facial surgery is all about a natural look , allowing you to look as good for your age as possible.
- Facial skin, due to exposure to natures elements and factors such as smoking undergo changes such as wrinkles, deepening of facial expression lines as well as pigmentary changes.
- Loss of facial volume especially in the malar ( cheek ) areas.
- Descent( ptosis) of the facial soft tissue, causing deep nasolabial lines, marionette lines, flattened cheeks, jowls and sagging neck skin.
- Weakened support structures cause bulging around the eyes.
- All facial surgery is performed in theatre under sedation and local anesthetic.( totally pain-free)
- Modern facelifts are performed through a short incision hidden in the natural folds and curves in front of the ear. The scar is slightly extended further into the side burn area where it is well concealed.Scars generally fade well with time and are extremely well concealed.
- Liposculpture of the jawline and neck are done in most facelifts.
- The deeper sagging soft tissue( referred to as SMAS) is exposed, elevated and anchored.
- Excess skin is then excised.
- Volume using the patients own fat is restored where necessary, usually in the cheek areas, nasolabial lines, and lips.
Duration of procedure: 3-4 hours
One night stay-over.